I was asked by MyBlogSpark to talk about Motor Oil Matters. MotorOilMatters.org and Shell Lubricant, also sent me a $35 Jiffy Lube gift card through MyBlogSpark to get my oil changed! It came at a perfect time as I needed to get the oil in my vehicle changed before my family went on our vacation. The people were very friendly and helpful! I've never known much about vehicles but after checking out the MotorOilMatters.org site and taking the M.O.M. Knows Best quiz I've learned quite a bit! I think as women, we should take the time to get to know our vehicles a little more, it can come in handy when we least expect it. I found the MotorOilMatters.org website easy to navigate and read.
Here is some info pulled from the MotorOilMatters.org site:
April is both National Car Care and National Informed Women Month and a perfect opportunity to get empowered to care for your car! Did you know that in the United States the average age of cars and light trucks on the roads today has reached a record high of 9.4 years? That means it’s more important than ever to take proper care of your vehicle.
Did you know?
- According to a recent survey from the Automotive Service Association, more than 54 percent of customers who take their vehicles for service and repair are women
- Using a high-quality motor oil in the right grade can help maximize fuel economy
- Low-quality oils that do not meet industry standards or the vehicle manufacturer’s requirements could cost consumers in the long run by potentially damaging the vehicle’s engine or possibly voiding the manufacturer’s warranty
- Another reason to look to a high-quality motor oil – like Pennzoil and Quaker State - is that it is designed to meet the demands of today’s engines
If you're anything like me, you don't know how often you should actually get your oil changed. I will just run my jeep until my husband tells me it needs to be changed! Horrible I know, but I now know that my vehicle should have it's oil changed every 3,000 miles, it's great learning new things :)
How often should I change my oil?
- The correct oil change interval is the one recommended by the engine manufacturer for your individual driving conditions.It is printed in the vehicle owner’s manual.
- Each vehicle manufacturer tests its own vehicles to determine the proper drain interval.
Shell Lubricants and Motoroilmatters.org are also offering one of my readers a $35 Jiffy Lube gift card through MyBlogSpark! I'm excited to be offering this opportunity to my readers! Here's how you can enter: ***Make sure to leave a SEPARATE comment for each entry!
1) You must be a follower of Today On... (on the left hand side you will notice where it says Followers, it's right under the About Me box) Leave me a comment stating you are following.
2) What did you score on the M.O.M. Knows Best quiz? Leave a comment.
3) 'Like' Today On...'s Facebook Page, found on the left hand side of the blog! Leave a comment!
That's THREE chances to win! The contest begins today, 6/26/2010 and ends Friday July 2. The winner will be chosen by Random.org; Good luck!